Followers

October 12, 2011

Remembering Jean

Six years ago, yesterday, my best friend died. Jean Moseley, my mother-in-law, the greatest woman I have ever known breathed her last breath on earth, closed her eyes to us all and opened them in Glory. What an impact she made on this fallen world by showing love and patience to so many. I was one of those.

When I walked into her life I was a far cry from the ideal daughter-in-law, yet she chose to love me as a gift from God and changed my life. Daily, Jean went before the Lord on my behalf asking Him to stay close and guide my steps. The Lord graciously answered. I'm still a work in progress, but refining is happening.

I long to hear her wise counsel again especially now that I am a mother-in-law. I love my girls and hope I can be at even a 10th of the woman she was, as I pour into their lives.

Regrets? Yeah, I have a few. I wasn't easy to love in my young married days. I made comments in an effort to make myself look better, but actually showed foolishness instead. Thank you, Lord, for granting me a mother figure who loved unconditionally. Give me the grace to show that same love to my darling daughters-in-law as well as to all You bring my way.

2 comments:

Angelo Vecchione said...

Per favore vedere

/ www.versolanuovacreazione.it /

Dio ti benedica

Anonymous said...


Our updates Recent articles: